1. This week, Vogue.com decided to grab itself a (small) slice of the cat-loving Internet’s pie:
With International Cat Day being celebrated across the globe on August 8, we decided to extend the experience online, ergo—it’s Cat Week on Vogue.com.
2. But if you were expecting couture cat fashion shows and exclusive interviews with Choupette Lagerfeld, prepare to be disappointed.
Vogue has only posted a single piece of cat content a day. (At least so far.)
3. Things started sensibly, with a kitty-themed market slideshow:
4. A selection of Vogue’s selection:
L—R: designs by Paul Andrew Rhea, Dolce & Gabbana, and Gucci.
6. Mostly an excuse for self-proclaimed cat lady Grace Coddington to show off her pets.
(Although the cat to the right is not hers, it’s still very much a Voguette.)
8. This sketch is lovely.
And just remember: next time you’re stuck standing at Altuzarra, Grace Coddington’s cat really could score a front row seat if she asked. How does that make you feel?
9. And why not reminisce a little, with fun feline fashion editorial memories?
10. The highlight: this Tim Walker shoot from September 2005.
11. Now, is it too much to hope that today’s (final) piece will include snaps of Anna Wintour posing in one of these new Grumpy Cat-emblazoned tees?
12. Yes, yes it is. But now we’ll all at least have the mental image.
- Turkey's military released an audio recording of what it says were warnings to the Russian warplane before it was downed near Syria's border. ›
- Protesters marched in Chicago for the second night in a row after the release of a video showing the police shooting of black teen Laquan McDonald. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›