1. Female soldiers patrolled North Korean banks of the Yalu River today in new pairs of black high heels, for reasons as yet unknown.
2. Really, go ahead, guess Kim Jong-un’s logic.
The change in uniform appears to encompass two styles: chunky platform heels featuring a bold gold buckle — see: soldier on the far right — or a perhaps more-comfy gradient wedge — see: second from the right. The heels represent a big change from the utilitarian footwear displayed in previous army drills and marches.
4. Their male counterparts remained in regular combat boots.
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- World leaders will meet in Paris starting Monday to discuss a potential global climate change agreement. ›
- "Victor Frankenstein" joined the ranks of 2015 films that opened in more than 2,000 North American theaters, but earned less than $4 million on opening weekend. ›