1. Miley Cyrus performed during the 2013 iHeartRadio festival this weekend in Las Vegas.
3. Oh and patent black boots with chains attached. Can’t forget those!
By which I mean, can’t forget to include this photo!
4. Also, her microphone had a banana skin cover.
RING RING RING RING BANANA (MICRO)PHONE.
5. The “stage” vaguely resembled that grassy knoll where the Teletubbies lived.
8. Backstage afterwards, Britney Spears briefly woke up from her nap and gave Miley a half-hearted hug.
9. Ok, great. Yay Miley!
(This photo taken during an outdoor performance earlier in the day.)
10. p.s. here’s a must-watch Miley “tribute,” courtesy of RuPaul’s Drag Race contestant Phi Phi O’Hara.
- President Obama will unveil a plan that is considered to be "the strongest action ever taken" in the U.S. to combat climate change.
- California Gov. Jerry Brown called for a state of emergency as wildfires burned thousands of acres by Sunday and forced hundreds of evacuations.
- Citigroup's student loan practices are being investigated as part of a government probe, the company reported in a filing.