1. Keira Knightley and singer James Righton got married in the South of France over the weekend.
Their hipster wedding was an intimate affair, with only 12 guests (including Sienna Miller and Righton’s bandmates) joining them at the chapel. One lady wore black skinny jeans, which says it all.
2. Keira wore a simple bandeau dress with a tulle skirt, tweed jacket and ballet pumps. There were flowers in her hair, but of course.
Despite rumors that Karl Lagerfeld would design her bridal gown, it appears she’d recycled her wedding dress. As first noticed by British fashion magazine Look’s fashion editor Erica Davies, Keira wore an identical-looking Rodarte dress to a party back in 2008 — a party she attended with her ex, Rupert Friend, no less. (Keira’s cropped jacket, however, is a Chanel design.)
3. Meanwhile in the Deep South, Mama June and Sugar Bear of Here Comes Honey Boo Boo fame also got hitched.
And, as you can see already, it was a glorious affair.
4. June wore a ruffled, camo-print gown with neon orange accents. She added a pair of bedazzled sneakers for her walk up the aisle, and carried a multi-colored bouquet.
5. Unconfirmed reports (that I just made up) state that Keira’s Lagerfeld-designed dress also featured camouflage.
She was thus forced to change into her back-up look when she realized Mama June would be upstaging her.
6. Honey Boo Boo debuted loose Shirley Temple ringlets and a pageant-worthy bridesmaids gown.
7. June’s other bridesmaids wore pastel pink day dresses; Sugar Bear’s groomsmen were perfectly coordinated (and ready to hunt whatever’s in season).
8. Eschewing a limo or fancy carriage, the Boo Boo newlyweds drove off on dirt bikes.
Keira and her new husband left their wedding in a Renault Clio, so, basically, Mama June upstaged them again.
- With head clerk Kim Davis jailed, Rowan County issued its first same-sex marriage license since the Supreme Court's June decision. ›
- After mounting pressure from other European countries, Britain will accept thousands more refugees from UN camps bordering Syria. ›
- A drowned Syrian boy, whose picture caused outrage around the world, has been buried together with his mother and 5-year-old brother. ›