1. Kristen Stewart sat front row at the Zuhair Murad fall 2013 couture show in Paris.
She looked much better than she did at the Chanel show — Murad’s clothes suit Stewart’s edgy/prissy aesthetic pretty perfectly. (And she did her trademark KStew thing where she showed up in flats and only changed, briefly, into shiny stilettos for the baying paparazzi. You’ve got to love KStew’s disdain for high heels.)
2. This jumpsuit is just lovely.
Though pairing some messy side-braids with it may not be the sharpest hairstyling decision, KStew still looks great.
3. Stewart’s worn Zuhair Murad designs before. Here at the Los Angeles premiere of the final Twilight film, Breaking Dawn Part 2, for example.
4. And at the film’s London premiere also.
5. Here’s an artsy shot of this also delightful jumpsuit.
6. And again for the On the Road premiere at the 2012 Toronto International Film Festival.
Rarely does KStew look this comfortable in something so floral and unabashedly girly.
7. Look at the side-eye she’s getting from that handler in the hipster glasses.
Arms folded, KStew don’t curr.
8. That’s three looks from Murad’s fall 2012 couture collection, and one from his fall 2012 RTW line.
Four red carpet successes total, though, that’s for sure.
9. KStew’s not Murad’s only celebrity fan, though. TSwift wears his sequinned finery often.
Perhaps Murad has a thing for famous ladies with snappy acronym nicknames. (Spoiler: there’s more of them coming up.)
L—R: the 2011 Vanity Fair Oscar after-party, the 2012 American Music Awards, the 2013 Billboard Music Awards and the 2012 Grammys.
10. Mel B wore a couture Zuhair Murad jumpsuit for the Spice Girls’ performance during the 2012 Olympics’ closing ceremony.
11. And Katy Perry went through a Murad phase a few years back, but she’s seemingly over it now — perhaps because KPez isn’t a nice-sounding moniker.
L—R: the 2010 MTV Movie Awards, the 2010 Vanity Fair Oscars after-party, and a 2010 appearance on The Late Show with David Letterman.
Other notables popping up on red carpets in Murad’s gowns include Blake Lively, Anna Kendrick, Miranda Kerr and Nina Dobrev. And remember that dress Sofia Vergara’s butt bust out of at the 2012 Emmys? Also a Murad creation.
13. And then there’s this, which we won’t dwell on.
14. Though Murad’s most fervent celebrity fan is, without a doubt, Jennifer Lopez. Invite her over for coffee and a slice of cheesecake and she’ll come wearing Zuhair Murad couture.
L—R: the 2012 Vanity Fair Oscars after-party, the 2013 Billboard Music Awards, the 2013 Golden Globes, an otherwise dubious red carpet lifted by the presence of a sparkly jumpsuit, and the 2012 Oscars.
15. She even wore a Murad design to the 2010 Met Ball.
16. Murad designed all the costumes for her 2012 World Tour, for which we thank him.
18. And here’s another shot of her from the 2013 Golden Globes, owning everything.
Anne Hathaway looks suitably chastened in the background.
19. Back to the new Murad couture collection, which featured a number of stunning gowns embellished with crystalline tree roots. They’d all look great on Kristen.
20. There’s this one, because KStew could certainly pull off a modest peplum.
22. Perhaps even a beige number, for a particularly twee red carpet, maybe?
23. And these two fabulous catsuits, which would suit KStew just perfectly with or without high heels. (She could pull off the latter with some beat up Converse, for example.)
One thing, though: she’ll have to fight — literally — Ms. Lopez for the right to wear them first. (And no using her sneaky super-vampire powers either.)
- Turkey hopes to ease tensions with Russia after it shot down a Russian warplane earlier this week. The countries have differing accounts of the incident. ›
- At least 21 people were killed after a suicide bomber attacked a Shiite Muslim procession of hundreds of people in Nigeria, BBC News reports. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›