1. “Hello Sexy!” indeed. Bonus points for the “curveball” cover line pun, there.
2. The good ‘ol “hand gently caressing my own hair” pose is becoming Kate’s signature.
Oh wait no, that’s still her curves. But it’s at least becoming her signature pose.
3. Incidentally, in the accompanying interview Kate says she “felt terrible” for a whole month after her first Sports Illustrated cover. She also discusses the significance of the cross tattooed on her finger:
I was at a photo shoot and I was wearing a cross necklace that my mom bought me, and somebody made a joke like, ‘Why are you wearing a cross? Like you would be religious.’ And then they took [my necklace] away. I was really affected by that. The whole thing made me realize that I do want [a cross] with me, at all times.
4. Don’t call her a dumb blonde either. Because there’s a book in this photo.
Ok no, not because of the book. Kate explains to Elle thusly, “people deal with models like they are children. They think they can pull one over on you. It’s actually funny. I’m always like, I’m about to pull something on you, and you’re so focused on thinking I’m dumb you’re not even going to know.”
5. And here’s another photo from the shoot just because.
6. The accompanying “behind the scenes” video is also lovely. There’s the requisite sultry Upton.
7. Sultry Upton in a pine-walled bathroom.
8. Twice the Upton! Walking up some stairs…sultrily.
9. And four times the Upton!
And thus four times the sultry.
10. It’s almost too much to handle.
- The Dutch Safety Board has released a final report of its investigation into why Malaysian Airlines Flight MH17 broke up over Ukraine in 2014. ›
- Marlon James has won the Man Booker Prize for his Bob Marley-inspired "A Brief History of Seven Killings." It's the first win for a Jamaican ? ›
- The Chicago Cubs have defeated the St. Louis Cardinals to advance to the National League Championship Series ⚾️ ›