1. Kanye West designed an eight piece “capsule collection” for French brand A.P.C., which went on sale yesterday. It promptly crashed A.P.C.’s website.
Most of the collection sold out within minutes of being listed online — less than 24 hours post launch there’s very slim pickings left for shoppers late to the party:
2. This hooded sweatshirt, a bargain at $250, is no longer available in any size.
3. And this “hip hop” t-shirt is only available in extra small. In this instance “hip hop” means overpriced, because it’s a plain black tee retailing at $120.
4. If you’d prefer, the plain white “hip hop” tee (also $120) is still available in extra small or extra extra large.
5. In dark navy, Kanye’s $280 hooded sweatshirt is again still available if you’re wafer thin.
6. There’s a little bit more wiggle room, literally, for folks hoping to squeeze into the regular navy-colored hoodie.
7. Jeans, also only for the skinny. (And, at $265, only for folks too wealthy to have even heard of Uniqlo.)
9. And the final piece from Kanye’s line, this t-shirt printed with a black and white photo of a merry band of skeletons, is no longer even listed on A.P.C.’s U.S. site.
You can still buy it in France, though — for the equivalent of $124. (And only in extra extra large.)
10. While a few pieces are still available on both the American, French and British A.P.C. sites, the line is completely sold out out in both Japan and Korea.
11. And pieces are already popping up on eBay, with big markups apparent.
12. This is a bit silly, because A.P.C.’s sites currently promise more deliveries. But hey, here’s someone hoping to double their money on the skeleton tee.
13. Double their money on some stonewashed jeans, give or take a little.
14. And one eBayer hoping to near enough triple their money on the hooded, short-sleeved sweatshirt. Bold move.
15. With six days of bidding left and this hoodie already at $114, they might just stand a chance.
16. Though the person selling these “pre-owned” jeans looks a little less likely to luck out.
(Everyone knows eBay auctions are all about the last 5 minutes though, when those fuckers with super-speedy connections swoop in. Anything is possible!)
17. Just leaving this song here for everyone to ponder…
- Doctors Without Borders says it will leave the Afghan city of Kunduz after airstrikes killed 22 people at its hospital there on Saturday. ›
- At least three people have died in South Carolina due to severe rainfall. More than 11 inches of rain fell on the city in 48 hours. ›
- The World Bank announced that for the first time it is forecasting the rate of extreme global poverty to drop below 10% in 2015. ›