2. Mara Hoffman’s spring 2014 fashion show featured prints more than a little reminiscent of the conspiracy theory-laden “All Seeing Eye.”
As evidence of the symbol’s significance, here are two answers from a 2011 question asked by Yahoo! user Corey A, if that is his real name: “Is the all seeing eye on the 1 dollar bill bad? What does it really mean? Is it bad or is it good? Does it mean god is watching us?”
Now neither of these answers received the most votes from fellow Yahoo! users, which is a shame. But let’s not let that hold us back.
6. The print popped up on other dressy occasions in pink.
8. And even on sunglasses, painstakingly shaped with those dinky little beads you’d use to make friendship bracelets as a kid.
10. I mean, this just looks like a nice example of a breezy geometric print. Shades of ancient Egypt in in its inspirations, maybe?
11. And these are just some nice tie-dyed separates. No hidden meanings there, surely.
Of course, that’s just what the Illuminati WANT YOU TO THINK. They all know that a stripy tie dye pattern like this means the financial markets are due to crash — so buy some chunky gold jewelry and stock up on bottled water now.
12. And then, crucially, Mara came out to take her post-show bow wearing the print herself.
She’d even made a special kiddie-sized pair of the pants for her daughter.
13. And it’s not the first time the ocular* symbol has featured on Hoffman’s runways.
*Or should it be o-cult-ular? Probably not, so moving on.
Pictured here in the form of a temporary forehead tattoo on a model in Hoffman’s spring 2014 swimwear show, which walked during Miami Swim Week this past July.
- An arrest warrant has been issued for Guatemalan President Otto Pérez Molina in connection with a corruption case involving the highest levels of the government. ›
- China will cut its military personnel by 300,000, shrinking the forces to 2 million people. President Xi Jinping called it a gesture of peace. ›
- A new study says there are 3 trillion trees on Earth — much more than previously thought. But we're losing them fast 🌳 ›