You’re SO wrong. Her Instagram feed, for example, is a wonder to behold.
1. It’s full of inspirational messages.
I mean, you try telling a lion otherwise.
2. And dispels many of the stereotypes surrounding models and their lifestyle.
“BBQ & whip cream,” sure.
3. Food features often, because that’s how Instagram works, right?
You have to include shots of at least six meals per month or your account gets shut down. It also gets shut down if the food looks consistently unappetizing… so this is a risky move.
4. This is a much safer bet. Everyone loves a birthday cake milkshake.
It seems Tyra has even added some stars and sparkles to the photo, presumably to illustrate the shake’s “natural high.”
5. Speaking of: Here’s Tyra even before the inevitable cotton candy sugar high begins.
6. “Me no likee dis cruss on me cheesecake so me no eatee!” I mean, it speaks for itself.
That Tyra’s managed to adapt illogical accents on Instragram just as she has on Top Model is a real sign of her mastering the medium.
Also, I would eat the crust from Tyra’s leftover cheesecake any day of the week, because I love her so.
7. She shares those moments in which she’s inspiring future modeling generations.
Despite their potential, every single one of these “young, sweet teenage girls” would be eliminated during a cycle of Top Model over a haggard contestant whose pet hamster died once (because the latter hopeful can cry on cue in confessional when memories of Mrs. Fluff Face flood back).
They were also all dropped from their agencies after this photo of them eating ice cream went public. Sad but true :(
8. Her Photoshop skills are, well, a super power of their own. Like smizing, except useful.
10. “There’s nothin’ you can’t do,” but there are definitely some things you just shouldn’t.
Handstands on the corner of a high rise’s roof deck being one of those things.
11. This is just funny because Tyra’s butt’s in her face and “tooching” sounds like a polite way of saying you’re gassy. LOL social media, LOL.
(She’s a regular “champion” of her followers’ artwork. Or she’s just a narcissist. You pick!)
12. And any mention of her epic novel Modelland is worthwhile. (Also, funny.)
Many of us Modelland fans are STILL WAITING FOR THE BOOK’S SEQUEL.
13. If you weren’t following her feed, you wouldn’t know that your “female-focused biz” could be in luck. This megaphone isn’t actually switched on, you see, so you really wouldn’t have heard about it otherwise.
This is actually an awesome opportunity, until it becomes a reality show of its own in the vein of I Want To Work For Diddy. (Tyra recently announced an investment in e-shopping site TheHunt.com, her first pet project.)
15. And this is probably the sort of photo Tyra leaves around her apartment for the cleaning staff. WERK ladies, or your holiday bonus ain’t happening.
(Maybe you should start up your own lady cleaning startup and have Tyra mentor you. She’s even got the lip gloss/rubber glove color coordination down.)
16. Who even knows what’s happening here, and isn’t that half the point of Instagram?
17. She holds impromptu selfie competitions for her followers, and posts shots of those who have “what it takes.”
Of course, that they have “what it takes” to do what exactly is left unsaid. This fine fellow could do all sorts though, let’s be honest.
18. And she’s clearly not afraid to poke fun at herself when getting nostalgic for Top Model cycles past.
Tyra, an Auto-Tuned wizard before her time.
19. More classic Top Model memories. Unforgettable ones, even.
TYRA HAS NEVER BEFORE POSTED A DRAWING ON INSTAGRAM PARODYING HER YELLING AT A GIRL LIKE THIS BEFORE.
This moment: reality television gold. The only way it could possibly have been improved is if the other eliminated model, Rebecca Epley, had picked that moment to to faint dramatically. (From 30 seconds on in the linked video, though the whole clip is worthwhile. It’s Top Model, after all.)
20. Sometimes Tyra falls down too, but she’s not afraid to Instagram it.
21. And sometimes she’s just over it, but she’s not afraid to Instagram it either.
Celeb girls who’ve been trying to get Tyra to come clubbing with them for months: Betty White, NeNe Leakes, Lena Dunham, the list goes on.
22. Because for every bad day on social media, there’s those exciting moments you get to plug your new cover of Armenian Cosmo.
23. Or take an otherwise unrelated meme and make it about you. Tyra, never change.
25. And she’s always down for hanging with the fans.
How else could you pose in this situation, really?
26. Not to mention hanging with her classmates from Harvard Business School.
DO YOU REMEMBER THAT TIME TYRA WENT TO HARVARD BUSINESS SCHOOL? GUYS, IT WAS A BIG DEAL.
27. Also: hanging out with her fellow Top Model judge Rob Evans.
An Instagrammed photo of that time you and Rob made bird houses is pretty much the pinnacle of humblebragging.
28. More gratuitous shots of Rob Evans, because, really, why not?
Who is this intern and why is this not my life?
29. Her “Throwback Thursday” photos are always a highlight.
Note: another good/bad/so-bad-it’s-good pun.
30. This could either a remembrance of fun times on TRL or fun times at Madame Tussaud’s. Who knows!
(OK, it’s actually TRL.)
31. And this quite literal “throwback” is, at least so far, Tyra’s finest Instagram moment.
- A University of Cincinnati officer has been charged with murder for shooting Samuel Dubose, an unarmed black man.
- Regulators are looking into allegations of "deceptive or unfair" marketing practices at the University of Phoenix.
- Mullah Omar, the Taliban's reclusive leader, died more than two years ago, Afghan officials say. The Taliban hasn't commented.