2. All other plans are suspended on match day.
If your friends were really your friends, they wouldn’t even ask to do anything else.
3. You’re disappointed when people around you don’t know every song for every player.
4. If you don’t live in England, you’re more than willing to wake up at ridiculous hours to watch a match.
7am at a bar? No problem.
5. You will buy pretty much any piece of merch related to your club.
7. You spend way too long coming up with your fantasy team name.
8. You spend countless hours watching YouTube compilations of potential transfer targets and youth team phenoms.
9. A key player on your club forcing a move away feels as deep a betrayal as a real friend stabbing you in the back.
*cue Gooner tears*
10. You’ll even watch half-speed, meaningless preseason friendlies.
11. You either have or have strongly considered getting a club-related tattoo.
13. If you’re gonna watch a replay of a match later, you go on a full media blackout.
14. You get irrationally upset about “international breaks” because they take time away from the important games.
And if anyone from your team is involved, all you’re thinking is “please don’t get injured, please don’t get injured.”
15. You think you might actually know who the Secret Footballer is.
16. Years of watching games (and playing Football Manager) have convinced you that you could run a club better than 90% of Premier League managers.
Everyone on Twitter also knows you think this.
17. You love to hate and hate to love Match of the Day.
*thinks about Alan Shearer’s punditry* *sighs*
18. Martin Tyler gives you goosebumps.
19. You say you hate the transfer window, but you still refresh rumor mill blogs and websites obsessively.
20. Even if they don’t play for your club, you’re upset to see marquee players leave England ‘cause you’ll get to watch them so much less.
24. No matter how old you are, you have no shame about wearing full kit.
25. And you have to get the updated kit each season. Even if it looks like this.
26. You try (but not always successfully) to get a handle on advanced tactics.
It’s okay, there’s only one Jonathan Wilson. Or maybe not.
27. Diving makes you angrier than phone hacking and government wiretapping combined.
29. You know that no matter what else is happening in your life, there will always be the next game to look forward to, and that it will be great.
- Two people on a civilian airplane were killed in a mid-air collision with a military jet in South Carolina. The F-16 jet pilot was ejected and is "in good shape."
- Subway has suspended Jared Fogle, the weight-loss guy from their commercials, due to an FBI investigation.
- Bounce TV and BET will no longer air series featuring Bill Cosby after court records showed he admitted to buying sedatives to give to women.