1. This is Leonardo da Vinci. He was good at pretty much everything.
2. His twelve-volume compendium of drawings and writings, called the Codex Atlanticus, has some amazingly relevant advice about health and fitness.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Migrant deaths in the Mediterranean have exceeded 2,000, making 2015 the deadliest year for people trying to reach Europe, according to the International Organization for Migration.
- At least 24 homes have been lost and one firefighter killed as dozens of wildfires continue to ravage drought-stricken California.
- Three major U.S. airlines — Delta, American, and United — have banned the transport of big game trophies after the illegal killing of Cecil the lion in Zimbabwe.