1. This cookie is an international superstar.
Many countries enjoy Maria cookies, although they’re often made by different manufacturers and are sometimes given slightly different names. A Maria cookie wears many outfits, but it is always true to itself. And to you.
2. Maria cookies can do anything.
A snack. A dessert. A breakfast food. An ingredient. Maria cookies are versatile. They’re crisp and sweet, with a slight vanilla flavor, but not too sweet. Like, they’re not going to be creepy about it. They’re always there for you. They’ll never let you down. They will adopt you and take you to every Disney theme park across the globe.
7. They make graham crackers jealous.
I have 3.5 words for you: Maria. Cookie. S’mores.
8. They will step your paleta game up about 178%
…Or maybe key lime pie paletas with a Maria cookie “crust” is more your speed? It is. It’s everyone’s speed. Make them at home using this recipe, and remember 1) to use fresh lime juice, not that bottled stuff, and 2) not to drink all the condensed milk before you get around to making the paletas.
12. They give you options. Chocolatey options.
Also, no big deal or anything, but they also come in chocolate. Just, you know. In case you needed something to be crazy-happy about today.
- Former Virginia Gov. Jim Gilmore is dropping out of the race for the Republican presidential nomination. He got 133 votes in New Hampshire.
- MLB issued its first-ever lifetime ban for performance enhancing drugs to New York Mets' Jenrry Mejia.
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz.