Take a closer look. CLOSER.
Did you gasp at its beauty? It says “galleta” because this cookie speaks multiple languages. Are you impressed?
1. This cookie is an international superstar.
Many countries enjoy Maria cookies, although they’re often made by different manufacturers and are sometimes given slightly different names. A Maria cookie wears many outfits, but it is always true to itself. And to you.
2. Maria cookies can do anything.
A snack. A dessert. A breakfast food. An ingredient. Maria cookies are versatile. They’re crisp and sweet, with a slight vanilla flavor, but not too sweet. Like, they’re not going to be creepy about it. They’re always there for you. They’ll never let you down. They will adopt you and take you to every Disney theme park across the globe.
5. You can make next-level desserts with Maria cookies.
6. Cakes are better with Maria cookies.
Limes also take center stage in this Maria-centric icebox cake, called a carlota de limón, which looks beautiful garnished with fresh strawberries.
7. They make graham crackers jealous.
I have 3.5 words for you: Maria. Cookie. S’mores.
8. They will step your paleta game up about 178%
…Or maybe key lime pie paletas with a Maria cookie “crust” is more your speed? It is. It’s everyone’s speed. Make them at home using this recipe, and remember 1) to use fresh lime juice, not that bottled stuff, and 2) not to drink all the condensed milk before you get around to making the paletas.
9. You can turn them into pie crust and load ‘em with bananas.
Now, picture fresh bananas enrobed in freshly whipped cream and sweet toffee, all on a bed of Maria cookies. Welcome to the banofee pie.
12. They give you options. Chocolatey options.
Also, no big deal or anything, but they also come in chocolate. Just, you know. In case you needed something to be crazy-happy about today.
- Chicago officials have released the video of a white police officer fatally shooting Laquan McDonald, a black teenager. The officer was charged with murder Tuesday. ›
- At least 19 people in seven U.S. states have been infected with E. coli in an outbreak officials believe is linked to rotisserie chicken salads sold at Costco. ›
- Adele broke the single-week U.S. album sales record set by NSYNC in 2000. "25" sold at least 2.43 million in about three days. ›