1. Richard Hutton, 43, has spent £2,500 on his hobby and now has one of only three complete collections of replica wands in the world.
2. The other complete collections are at Warner Brothers studios in London and the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando, USA.
Both of which are a far cry from Richard’s front room in Derbyshire.
3. All the wands are made from resin and cost between £10 and £300. He had local framer Alwynn Morris create a display for them.
Richard says: “My favourite is the Voldemort wand because it just fits in the hand fantastically. I also like Slughorns as it has a twist, but they are all fantastic to be honest.”
- One person was killed and another was injured Friday in a shooting at Texas Southern University. Police have detained two possible suspects. ›
- A judge halted all eight scheduled executions in Arkansas. Inmates are challenging a law allowing the state to keep the source of its execution drugs a secret. ›
- The U.S. ended its $500 million program that trains and equips Syrian rebels in their fight against ISIS. ›