1. IMPORTANT REMINDER: THE WORLD CUP STARTS IN JUST A FEW HOURS!!!
2. But no one thinks we’re going to win.
4. There’s a general air of quiet resignation.
5. And though we’re traditionally more understated than other nations…
6. …everything just seems a bit half-hearted this time around.
7. Which is strange, because we’re the HOME of football.
8. And we’re sending over a crack team of world class athletes…
9. …lead by an inspirational manager.
10. (A truly inspirational manager).
11. But no one has any faith.
12. It’s fair to say we’re not fancied to beat Italy.
13. In fact we’re not fancied generally.
16. This won’t happen again.
17. This won’t happen again.
Alan White is a reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in London.
Here Are The Top Stories
- A Memphis police officer was shot dead on Saturday night while conducting a routine traffic stop, according to a statement from the Memphis Police Department.
- A conservation group in Zimbabwe reported that Jericho, the brother of beloved lion Cecil, was shot and killed by a hunter. But some scientists monitoring the pride believe he is OK.
- Joe Biden has begun to "actively explore a possible presidential campaign," the New York Times reports.