1. IMPORTANT REMINDER: THE WORLD CUP STARTS IN JUST A FEW HOURS!!!
2. But no one thinks we’re going to win.
4. There’s a general air of quiet resignation.
5. And though we’re traditionally more understated than other nations…
6. …everything just seems a bit half-hearted this time around.
7. Which is strange, because we’re the HOME of football.
8. And we’re sending over a crack team of world class athletes…
9. …lead by an inspirational manager.
10. (A truly inspirational manager).
11. But no one has any faith.
12. It’s fair to say we’re not fancied to beat Italy.
13. In fact we’re not fancied generally.
16. This won’t happen again.
17. This won’t happen again.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Greece won't pay the International Monetary Fund the $1.8 billion it owes on time, paving the way for a formal default.
- At least 30 people were reported dead after a military plane crashed into two houses in a residential neighborhood in the Indonesian city of Medan.
- President Obama has announced a new rule that would expand eligibility for overtime pay to millions more Americans.