1. Oh dear.
2. Unfortunate BBC subtitles have been a thing for a long time.
3. Like the time they struggled with “wellies”.
4. And tried to see in Chinese New Year.
5. And discussed the lead actor in Sherlock.
6. And talked about Adnan Januzaj.
7. Apparently Ofcom is producing a report into the standard of subtitles in the spring.
It says the main problems it’s found in a consultation are:
“Latency – the delay between speech and live subtitling;
Inaccuracy – mistakes that vary from minor spelling errors to major omissions or misleading subtitles;
Intermittent subtitles, which freeze or disappear for unpredictable reasons; and
presentation – whether subtitles are shown scrolling across the screen or in more readable blocks containing one or more sentences.”
- At least one member of Ukraine's National Guard has died and about 90 people were injured after protesters clashed with police outside of Parliament in Ukraine. ›
- Lawyers for the NFL and New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady failed to reach a settlement in the deflategate case. A decision is expected by Friday. ›
- Thai police have issued two new arrest warrants as the search widens for the suspects behind Bangkok's deadly shrine bombing. ›