2. Twenty years ago she lost custody of her child and became homeless.
3. She was eventually taken in by Covenant House, a privately-funded charity to help homeless children.
4. She felt suicidal as a result of losing her daughter.
5. WIth Covenant House’s help she got a job and an apartment and has now been reunited with her child.
6. She took part in the charity’s latest initiative. It put out a call to mothers to spend a night on the streets in solidarity with young homeless people.
7. Sleep Out: Mothers Edition was held in Houston and New York.
9. Well done ladies!
- Turkey hopes to ease tensions with Russia after it shot down a Russian warplane earlier this week. The countries have differing accounts of the incident. ›
- At least 21 people were killed after a suicide bomber attacked a Shiite Muslim procession of hundreds of people in Nigeria, BBC News reports. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›