1. London has topped a study of city prices by cost of living experts Expatistan.
2. One of the major reasons is the cost of petrol: more than double the price of New York.
3. But the cost of rent certainly doesn’t help either.
4. Smaller items like coffees are also slightly more expensive than most cities.
5. And as we all know, the cinema is extortionate: it’s the most expensive city in the world.
6. Inflation has outpaced UK wage growth of late, and while petrol costs have actually fallen, food, clothes and energy costs have risen.
7. Expatistan produced their report after comparing information from almost 200,000 users around the world.
You can view the full breakdown of prices here.