1. Right, so there’s this 71-year-old man called Ian Neale, who’s a farmer from Newport.
Here he is with a giant marrow that weighs 50.5 kg and is almost the size of him.
2. Giant vegetables are his thing. He holds several records in the field of giant vegetable growing.
This is a giant carrot, presented at Harrogate Flower Show.
3. Anyway, back in 2011 the weirdest thing happened.
Here’s Snoop Dogg, the rapper responsible for such albums as Doggystyle, Tha Doggfather, and Doggumentary, asking Neale to come backstage to his show in Cardiff, “because I do vegetation myself, and I want to know your secret”.
4. So Neale did, and Sky News decided to interview him.
6. This is brilliant.
7. Anyway, here is an important update. Last year, Neale broke his own record for a giant swede.
So two months ago he invited Snoop Dogg to Cardiff to see his vegetables again. It appears the rapper didn’t take him up on the offer.
- At least 30 people were killed in twin bomb blasts during a peace rally near the main train station in Turkey's capital. ›
- President Obama visited Oregon to meet with victims' families after last week's deadly campus shooting. Gun-rights activists protested his visit. ›
- The U.S. ended its $500 million program that trains and equips Syrian rebels in their fight against ISIS. ›