1. Right, so there’s this 71-year-old man called Ian Neale, who’s a farmer from Newport.
Here he is with a giant marrow that weighs 50.5 kg and is almost the size of him.
2. Giant vegetables are his thing. He holds several records in the field of giant vegetable growing.
This is a giant carrot, presented at Harrogate Flower Show.
3. Anyway, back in 2011 the weirdest thing happened.
Here’s Snoop Dogg, the rapper responsible for such albums as Doggystyle, Tha Doggfather, and Doggumentary, asking Neale to come backstage to his show in Cardiff, “because I do vegetation myself, and I want to know your secret”.
4. So Neale did, and Sky News decided to interview him.
6. This is brilliant.
7. Anyway, here is an important update. Last year, Neale broke his own record for a giant swede.
So two months ago he invited Snoop Dogg to Cardiff to see his vegetables again. It appears the rapper didn’t take him up on the offer.
- A boat packed with mainly African migrants bound for Italy sank off the Libyan coast on Thursday and officials fear over 100 people might have died, Reuters reports. ›
- President Obama marked a decade of recovery after Hurricane Katrina, citing gains, but also the immense amount of work that he said still needs to be done. ›
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg said (on Faceboook, obviously) that one billion people used the service on Monday 🌐 ›