1. Right, so there’s this 71-year-old man called Ian Neale, who’s a farmer from Newport.
Here he is with a giant marrow that weighs 50.5 kg and is almost the size of him.
2. Giant vegetables are his thing. He holds several records in the field of giant vegetable growing.
This is a giant carrot, presented at Harrogate Flower Show.
3. Anyway, back in 2011 the weirdest thing happened.
Here’s Snoop Dogg, the rapper responsible for such albums as Doggystyle, Tha Doggfather, and Doggumentary, asking Neale to come backstage to his show in Cardiff, “because I do vegetation myself, and I want to know your secret”.
4. So Neale did, and Sky News decided to interview him.
6. This is brilliant.
7. Anyway, here is an important update. Last year, Neale broke his own record for a giant swede.
So two months ago he invited Snoop Dogg to Cardiff to see his vegetables again. It appears the rapper didn’t take him up on the offer.
- Illinois' attorney general has asked the U.S. Department of Justice's Civil Rights Division to investigate Chicago's police department. ›
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg says he'll give away 99% of his Facebook shares (worth $45 billion today) over the course of his life. ›
- And a Turkish court had to call in experts to determine whether a man comparing the country's president to Gollum from "Lord of the Rings" was an insult. ›