1. According to Reddit user 77freakofnature this is the first thing his Grandfather wrote: a love note to his wife.
2. He says his grandfather recovered his sight thanks to this device.
It’s a tiny telescope that aids macular degeneration - what happens when the central part of the retina wears out.
3. Everyone is at risk for macular degeneration as they age, but people who have a family history or who smoke are more likely to develop it.
The tiny telescope is implanted in the eye when the lens is removed. This takes the place of the individual’s own lens and stays there permanently. It doesn’t restore sight to its previous level, but allows them to recognise faces, read signs and generally see where they’re going.
- France and Russia have agreed to coordinate their airstrikes with the U.S. against ISIS. ›
- Russia's athletic federation has accepted its suspension after a report found evidence of "widespread doping." ›
- Adele's record-breaking album "25" has now sold more than 3 million copies in the U.S. ›