1. Mary Brandon uploaded this image to Facebook, claiming she was punched in the face by a man at the Notting Hill Carnival after telling him to stop grabbing her.
In the post she said: “I’m not normally one for over sharing on Facebook but I feel a rant coming! At Notting Hill Carnival yesterday a man in the crowd grabbed my arse.
“When I told him not to he did it again. I pushed him away, exercising my right to tell a man to stop touching my body without permission, so he took a swing at me and punched me in the face.”
She said she want to the carnival hoping to have a good time but instead ended up spending nine hours in A&E.
2. BuzzFeed has attempted to contact Brandon to see how she’s doing and for further comment. The Evening Standard reports that the Metropolitan police are now investigating.
There was a total of 261 arrests during the carnival. According to the Met, there were three incidents involving knife wounds. In another incident, two police officers were assaulted, one of whom was knocked out and taken to hospital.
Brandon now appears to have deleted her original Facebook post.
Brandon has now reinstated the post, though we’ve yet to hear back from her.
- President Obama unveiled a climate change plan on Monday that calls for federal limits on the amount of carbon power plants can produce.
- Puerto Rico has failed to make a $58 million debt payment, and credit rating agency Moody's says the U.S. territory is in default.
- The man accused of fatally shooting a Memphis, Tennessee, police officer on Saturday has turned himself in.