1. The game’s map.
As Kotaku pointed out, there are strong similarities between the physical plants of the two places (even if Kalos is a little more, like, squished).
2. People casually drop French words all the time.
Merci beaucoup, I guess.
3. Professor Sycamore.
The swoopy-haired, open-collared, o-ring-belt-sporting professor’s favorite activity is to dash around saying the aforementioned French phrases. Also he is hot, which is not exclusive to the French but is very true.
4. The cafes serve menu items like “chocolat chaud,” “limonade,” and “café au lait.”
Good luck finding a vending machine soda in Luminose City, ya plebe.
5. And everyone is pretentious about it.
6. Parfum Palace is literally Versailles.
It has a HALL OF MIRRORS AND A CRAZY GARDEN MAZE JESUS CHRIST.
8. And the Tower of Mastery is probably Petit Bé.
They’re both located off the coast and are only accessible when it’s low tide.
9. Lumiose City is so fashionable that even the Poké Centers look fancier…
10. … And of course, everyone wears a beret.
12. You can join the nobility.
And through a combination of bribery, schmoozing, and sheer talent, you too can ascend the social ranks.
13. There are “artists” everywhere.
14. (But you can only look at the real art.)
15. These poodle-looking pooches are running around everywhere.
And their name, “Furfrou,” is decidedly French-sounding.
16. This is another one of the new Pokémon.
It is literally a flower baby.
17. The tourists are ALL UP in your face.
18. This is just straight-up the Seine.
19. When you beat the Elite Four and the credits roll, this is the last thing you see.
THANKS GUYS, WE GET IT.