1. First, prep yourself with this.
Isn’t it soothing?
2. Let your cat know.
She’ll want to practice her cicada impression, for parties etc.
5. Get a new bolo tie.
This one is made by YOLO Ties (or in the case of cicadas, every 17 years).
10. Get some cicada soap.
Perfect for scrubbing off those sticky summer days. Available here.
13. Learn to draw one!
What better way to show your appreciation than with DIY?
19. If getting permanently inked seems like too much of a commitment, get a temporary tattoo.
Get a set of 4 here.
20. Decorate your house.
This guy is real but he is also from Thailand, so don’t panic. (Unless you are in Thailand, in which case, hi.)
- Three major U.S. airlines — Delta, American, and United — have banned the transport of big game trophies after the illegal killing of Cecil the lion in Zimbabwe.
- In 2011, the death of Mark Duggan - an unarmed black man - at the hands of police officers in north London sparked nationwide riots.
- President Obama unveiled a climate change plan on Monday that calls for federal limits on the amount of carbon power plants can produce.