1. First, prep yourself with this.
Isn’t it soothing?
2. Let your cat know.
She’ll want to practice her cicada impression, for parties etc.
5. Get a new bolo tie.
This one is made by YOLO Ties (or in the case of cicadas, every 17 years).
10. Get some cicada soap.
Perfect for scrubbing off those sticky summer days. Available here.
13. Learn to draw one!
What better way to show your appreciation than with DIY?
19. If getting permanently inked seems like too much of a commitment, get a temporary tattoo.
Get a set of 4 here.
20. Decorate your house.
This guy is real but he is also from Thailand, so don’t panic. (Unless you are in Thailand, in which case, hi.)
We've got your WKND covered.
- With head clerk Kim Davis jailed, Rowan County issues its first same-sex marriage license since the Supreme Court's June decision. ›
- After mounting pressure from other European countries, Britain will accept thousands more refugees from UN camps bordering Syria, Prime Minister David Cameron announced. ›
- The drowned Syrian boy, whose picture caused outrage around the world, has been buried together with his mother and 5-year-old brother. ›