1. A protestor sat outside the White House on Monday with a hand-knitted chart of the federal budget.
Stretched across an umbrella about as big as she was, the chart pointed out the disparities between government spending on defense versus everything else.
2. She also rocked a knitted chair cozy reading “Occupy Grandparents: Pay It Forward.”
And a hat reading “Stop XL,” which is most likely a reference to opposition for the Keystone XL pipeline. Like any yarn-bomber worth their salt, the protestor made sure to cover every surface at her disposal with knitting.
H/T Jennifer Bendery.
- Austria and Germany will allow people seeking refuge from the war in Syria who are currently in Hungary to come to their countries. ›
- Rowan County, Kentucky, issued several marriage licenses today, but their validity is being questioned because jailed clerk Kim Davis's name isn't on them. ›
- U.S. Vice President Joe Biden said he isn't sure he has the "emotional energy" to run for president. ›