1. A protestor sat outside the White House on Monday with a hand-knitted chart of the federal budget.
Stretched across an umbrella about as big as she was, the chart pointed out the disparities between government spending on defense versus everything else.
2. She also rocked a knitted chair cozy reading “Occupy Grandparents: Pay It Forward.”
And a hat reading “Stop XL,” which is most likely a reference to opposition for the Keystone XL pipeline. Like any yarn-bomber worth their salt, the protestor made sure to cover every surface at her disposal with knitting.
H/T Jennifer Bendery.
- Tunisia's president declared a state of emergency a week after a deadly terror attack on a beach hotel.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- One person was killed and two others were seriously injured Friday when an air medical transport helicopter crashed in Colorado.