1. A protestor sat outside the White House on Monday with a hand-knitted chart of the federal budget.
Stretched across an umbrella about as big as she was, the chart pointed out the disparities between government spending on defense versus everything else.
2. She also rocked a knitted chair cozy reading “Occupy Grandparents: Pay It Forward.”
And a hat reading “Stop XL,” which is most likely a reference to opposition for the Keystone XL pipeline. Like any yarn-bomber worth their salt, the protestor made sure to cover every surface at her disposal with knitting.
H/T Jennifer Bendery.
- The European Union is now using naval vessels in the Mediterranean to intercept boats that are smuggling refugees and migrants to Europe. ›
- Texas carried out its 11th execution of the year on Tuesday — the most of any state — putting to death an inmate who murdered a man over $8. ›
- The U.S. is investigating how a cargo ship with 33 people on board sank during Hurricane Joaquin. The ship went missing in the Caribbean last week. ›