1. A protestor sat outside the White House on Monday with a hand-knitted chart of the federal budget.
Stretched across an umbrella about as big as she was, the chart pointed out the disparities between government spending on defense versus everything else.
2. She also rocked a knitted chair cozy reading “Occupy Grandparents: Pay It Forward.”
And a hat reading “Stop XL,” which is most likely a reference to opposition for the Keystone XL pipeline. Like any yarn-bomber worth their salt, the protestor made sure to cover every surface at her disposal with knitting.
H/T Jennifer Bendery.
- At least three people – including a police officer – died in a shooting at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs. The suspect is in police custody. ›
- At least 15 people were killed after a suicide bomber attacked a Shiite Muslim procession of hundreds of people in Nigeria. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›