1. Junk Mail Painting began because Zoë Nageotte kept needing to clean out her junk mail folder.
“I actually started reading the subject lines of these things,” she said, “and realizing how hilarious they were, and sharing them with colleagues.” She figured they’d be even funnier “if interpreted literally and illustrated, like a class doodle.” They do have a certain poetic quality.
3. It’s Not Too Late - Find Thousands of Flags Here
7. There are also a surprisingly large number of junk emails related to blueberries.
The origins of which Nageotte says she has “literally no idea.”
11. For more, check out Junk Mail Painting.
- A Guatemalan judge ordered former President Otto Perez Molina held in jail overnight while hearings over the corruption scandal that led to his resignation take place. ›
- Britain is set to increase the number of refugees being let into the country. The extra people aren't in Europe already, they will likely come from UN camps bordering Syria. ›
- The Justice Dept. has tightened rules on cell phone tracking, forcing federal agencies to get a warrant. ›