Canopy is a magical new site that curates beautiful, functional items from Amazon.
According to Kyle Vanhemert in WIRED, the site was “created by a group of former Google designers without any official affiliation to Amazon,” and that design background shows: Canopy is a clean, Pinterest-y breath of fresh air compared to the visual horrorshow that is Amazon’s own display.
It makes it insanely (some would say ~ too ~) easy to discover unexpected stuff you’d actually want to buy, rather than simply searching for items you already know that you want. Here is just a sampling of those items, all under $100.
12. Sauce Pan, $70
(This is a VERY NICE sauce pan, lest that price tag scare you off.)
17. Set of 4 Copper Mugs, $85
Ideal for drinking Moscow Mules.
21. Stoneware Utensil Jar, $35
It comes with wooden utensils.
23. Set of 2 Ripple Towels, $18
They come in a huge variety of colors.
30. Lego Ice Tray, $8
Fun for kids*.
*By “kids” I mean “every adult with a soul,” obviously.
h/t WIRED for this pocket-emptying discovery.
- Doctors Without Borders is demanding a war crimes investigation into the U.S. bombing of its Afghan hospital. ›
- Syrian troops launched a major ground offensive, backed by Russian airstrikes, against opposition forces. ›
- Tomas Lindahl, Paul Modrich, and Aziz Sancar have won the Nobel Prize in chemistry for figuring out how cells repair DNA. ›