1. Did you guys know that Kate Middleton is pregnant?
According to The Daily Mail, the products are “suitable for American-style baby showers, christening parties or first birthday celebrations.” (Apparently baby showers have only recently begun to catch on the UK, much to the chagrin of this Telegraph columnist, who writes, “I rather find myself longing for the old days, when talk of an impending shower simply meant I would have to hunt out my umbrella.”)
The Mail piece also touches on the fact that the Middletons are opening themselves up to criticism that they’re “cashing in on the royal pregnancy;” they sustained similar accusations surrounding the Royal Wedding and the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee.
- The U.S. is investigating airlines for "unlawful coordination." This may be related to high ticket prices, the Associated Press reports.
- U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry will travel to Cuba later this summer for the opening of a U.S. embassy there.
- Nicholas Winton, who saved more than 650 Jewish children from the Holocaust, died at 106.
- Mozambique implemented a new criminal code that removes a colonial-era law criminalizing homosexuality.