Malaysian artist-architect “Red” Hong Yi is no stranger to working with unusual materials.
For the Chinese New Year, she used makeup to depict various scenes and symbols, and posted the images to her Instagram.
“Chinese art requires a lot of precision and skill,” she wrote of the project on DesignBoom. “One stroke can make a huge difference, and many times, less is more. I felt that this is similar to how a woman carefully puts on her make-up.”
9. Opera mask made from nail polish, eyeliner, and eyeshadow:
12. And a landscape, made from eyeshadow, mascara, and eyeliner.
- In a landmark prison reform decision, California has agreed to a settlement that will effectively end indefinite solitary confinement in the state. ›
- Los Angeles has officially been selected as the American candidate city to host the 2024 Summer Olympics. ›
- Missouri executed Roderick Nunley Tuesday night for a 1989 rape and murder. It was the state's sixth execution this year, and the nation's 20th. ›