1. The Grandma Museum is a site founded by design studio Doubledot.
It’s comprised of hundreds of objects given to Doubledot cofounder Sarah Koik by her grandmother. “Over the course of my life,” Sarah wrote about the museum, “my grandmother gave me hers through these gifts. We decided to catalogue these objects to capture a life over two generations, and the broader sentimentality of receiving gifts from a grandmother.” Visitors are invited to submit pictures of objects as well, which are featured on the site’s blog.
2. The museum features conventionally grandma-y things like jewelry…
9. And mittens.
10. But it also contains lots of other strange and wonderful knick-knacks.
- Illinois' attorney general has asked the U.S. Department of Justice's Civil Rights Division to investigate Chicago's police department. ›
- It's World AIDS Day — 35 million people have died from AIDS-related conditions, and more than 34 million people are living with the disease. ›
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg says he'll give away 99% of his Facebook shares (worth $45 billion today) over the course of his life. ›