1. The Grandma Museum is a site founded by design studio Doubledot.
It’s comprised of hundreds of objects given to Doubledot cofounder Sarah Koik by her grandmother. “Over the course of my life,” Sarah wrote about the museum, “my grandmother gave me hers through these gifts. We decided to catalogue these objects to capture a life over two generations, and the broader sentimentality of receiving gifts from a grandmother.” Visitors are invited to submit pictures of objects as well, which are featured on the site’s blog.
2. The museum features conventionally grandma-y things like jewelry…
9. And mittens.
10. But it also contains lots of other strange and wonderful knick-knacks.
- Thirty-one people are dead after two passenger trains derailed within minutes of each other on a flooded bridge in central India.
- Fox News has announced the 10 Republican candidates who will participate in the first debate of the 2016 U.S. presidential race on Thursday.
- Record-breaking freediver, Natalia Molchanova, is feared dead. She disappeared while diving off the coast of Spain on Sunday.