1. The Grandma Museum is a site founded by design studio Doubledot.
It’s comprised of hundreds of objects given to Doubledot cofounder Sarah Koik by her grandmother. “Over the course of my life,” Sarah wrote about the museum, “my grandmother gave me hers through these gifts. We decided to catalogue these objects to capture a life over two generations, and the broader sentimentality of receiving gifts from a grandmother.” Visitors are invited to submit pictures of objects as well, which are featured on the site’s blog.
2. The museum features conventionally grandma-y things like jewelry…
9. And mittens.
10. But it also contains lots of other strange and wonderful knick-knacks.
We've got your WKND covered.
- After mounting pressure from other European countries, Britain will accept thousands more refugees from UN camps bordering Syria, Prime Minister David Cameron announced. ›
- The drowned Syrian boy, whose picture caused outrage around the world, has been buried together with his mother and 5-year-old brother. ›
- A Guatemalan judge ordered former President Otto Perez Molina held in jail overnight while hearings over the corruption scandal that led to his resignation take place. ›