1. Bleach-Patterned Dress at Rachel Comey
Find out how to make your own bleach stamps here and your wardrobe will never be safe again.
2. Glittery Collar at Tory Burch
Make your own with this tutorial and prepare to find glitter on everything you own for the rest of your earthly days.
3. Giant Cowl at Lindsay Degen
4. Gold Collar Necklace at Creatures of Comfort
This necklace is made of pasta so it’s basically witchcraft.
5. Button Top at Lela Rose
A top entirely covered in buttons could be insanely heavy (not to mention noisy) so take inspiration from Lela Rose and use buttons as an accent or design. Directions here.
6. Bangle Necklace at Chadwick Bell
A whole army of these necklaces walked down the runway at Bell’s show; a similar idea was shown at Dries Van Noten for Winter 2008, and a blogger came up with simple instructions for that DIY. Just use monochromatic enamel bangles here, and make sure your neck is up for the challenge of supporting pounds of jewelry.
7. Tie-Dye Gowns at Rodarte
8. Crocheted Appliqués at Lindsay Degen
Make your own alphabet patches with these directions and sew them on to a sweatshirt, tote bag, or anything else that could use some personalization. (Bonus points if they’re backward.)
9. Metal Headband at Rodarte
10. Knitted Shoulder Shrug at Costello Tagliapietra
11. Crystal-Studded Dragonfly Dress at Thakoon
Arrange them into a dragonfly shape or keep it loose with a more random pattern. Directions here.
12. Slouchy Hat at Rebecca Minkoff
And at Creatures of Comfort
Or if you can’t/don’t want to knit, recycle an old sweater. You can choose whether or not to include the ties.
- The U.S. is investigating how a cargo ship with 33 people on board sank during Hurricane Joaquin. The ship went missing in the Caribbean last week. ›
- Texas carried out its 11th execution of the year on Tuesday — the most of any state — putting to death an inmate who murdered a man over $8. ›
- New York's attorney general has opened an investigation into two popular fantasy sports websites, after employees allegedly used insider information to profit. ›