2. Channel your inner Victorian with solar-powered lampposts.
3. Channel your inner witch with a glowing orb.
Get it here.
5. Get a solar-powered video camera.
You’ll never run out of battery halfway through your cousin’s interminable graduation again.
6. Charge your phone.
Available here (in German) (which is clearly why it’s so sleek).
8. Or just let your bikini do the charging for you.
9. For a slightly more kid-friendly project, make a solar oven.
Just be warned that the amount of s’more consumption in your house will increase considerably.
10. Bonnaroo would be so much more tolerable if you had this solar-powered tent.
Too bad it’s only in prototype.
14. Buy a tiny model of Her Royal Majesty the Queen.
She actually waves, a fact to which I can attest because one of my roommates has this very device. She (the Queen, not my roommate) lives next to the toaster and the potted succulents.
16. OR THIS SCANTILY CLAD JIGGLING DOLL?!?
The solar energy causes her boobs to shake. Cool awesome glad this is where technology has brought us.
20. Get a light-up marquee for a party or wedding.
It’ll look great during the day and downright magical at night.
For the right person, this could be the best memorial of all time.
22. Light your way home.
So no one will ever have to awkwardly drive by your house three times trying to figure out if they’re at the right place.
23. Take inspiration from the World Cup for solar-powered boats.
24. And from Art Haines, who sells DIY solar car kits.
Get yours here.
We've got your WKND covered.
- A conservation group in Zimbabwe reported that Jericho, the brother of beloved lion Cecil, was shot and killed by a hunter. But some scientists monitoring the pride believe he is OK.
- Joe Biden has begun to "actively explore a possible presidential campaign," the New York Times reports.
- The trooper who pulled over Sandra Bland was disciplined for "unprofessional conduct" in the fall of 2014, records show.