1. Make your own solar panels out of soda cans.
2. Channel your inner Victorian with solar-powered lampposts.
3. Channel your inner witch with a glowing orb.
Get it here.
5. Get a solar-powered video camera.
You’ll never run out of battery halfway through your cousin’s interminable graduation again.
6. Charge your phone.
Available here (in German) (which is clearly why it’s so sleek).
7. Make your own charger from an Altoids case.
8. Or just let your bikini do the charging for you.
9. For a slightly more kid-friendly project, make a solar oven.
Just be warned that the amount of s’more consumption in your house will increase considerably.
10. Bonnaroo would be so much more tolerable if you had this solar-powered tent.
Too bad it’s only in prototype.
11. These lifts were designed to help people in wheelchairs.
14. Buy a tiny model of Her Royal Majesty the Queen.
She actually waves, a fact to which I can attest because one of my roommates has this very device. She (the Queen, not my roommate) lives next to the toaster and the potted succulents.
16. OR THIS SCANTILY CLAD JIGGLING DOLL?!?
The solar energy causes her boobs to shake. Cool awesome glad this is where technology has brought us.
17. This toy is actually appropriate for children.
Get it here.
19. Line your porch with Mason jar lights.
20. Get a light-up marquee for a party or wedding.
It’ll look great during the day and downright magical at night.
For the right person, this could be the best memorial of all time.
22. Light your way home.
So no one will ever have to awkwardly drive by your house three times trying to figure out if they’re at the right place.
23. Take inspiration from the World Cup for solar-powered boats.
24. And from Art Haines, who sells DIY solar car kits.
Get yours here.