There are a few essential truths about bobby pins.
Ultimately, though, they’re incredibly versatile.
2. Make a quick and effective bookmark.
Hopefully your book will have words in it. Directions here.
6. Or pom-poms!
All you need is some hot glue.
8. Pick a lock.
Here is how to get out of handcuffs, should you ever find yourself in them.
9. Use polymer clay to make geometric pins.
10. Why stop at shapes? Go for broke and make an avocado.
Or buy these amazing things from Etsy.
13. Make a magnetic holder so you won’t lose quite so many.
Directions here (in Spanish).
15. Knock off Anthropologie.
These would probably cost like five dollars each from the store.
17. Hold a small nail with a bobby pin to avoid hammering your fingers.
18. Channel “The Hunger Games.”
Get the directions for this Katniss-inspired hair clip here.
19. Make a roach clip.
ONLY IF YOU LIVE IN COLORADO OR WASHINGTON, DUH.
21. Make a hair bow (or bow tie) and hold it securely in place.
24. Create an awesome hairstyle with basically no effort.
Get the look from refinery29.
- Fox News has announced the 10 Republican candidates who will participate in the first debate of the 2016 U.S. presidential race on Thursday.
- The World Health Organization says new cases of Ebola in Sierra Leone and Guinea hit the lowest point in more than a year last week.
- Super Typhoon Soudelor, the strongest storm of 2015 so far, is threatening parts of Asia after hitting the Pacific island Saipan.