There are a few essential truths about bobby pins.
Ultimately, though, they’re incredibly versatile.
2. Make a quick and effective bookmark.
Hopefully your book will have words in it. Directions here.
4. Punch them up with sparkly hearts.
6. Or pom-poms!
All you need is some hot glue.
7. Make art.
Like this artist, who also made a tampon cake.
8. Pick a lock.
Here is how to get out of handcuffs, should you ever find yourself in them.
9. Use polymer clay to make geometric pins.
10. Why stop at shapes? Go for broke and make an avocado.
Or buy these amazing things from Etsy.
13. Make a magnetic holder so you won’t lose quite so many.
Directions here (in Spanish).
15. Knock off Anthropologie.
These would probably cost like five dollars each from the store.
17. Hold a small nail with a bobby pin to avoid hammering your fingers.
18. Channel “The Hunger Games.”
Get the directions for this Katniss-inspired hair clip here.
19. Make a roach clip.
ONLY IF YOU LIVE IN COLORADO OR WASHINGTON, DUH.
20. Use them as dotting tools for nail art.
21. Make a hair bow (or bow tie) and hold it securely in place.
22. Wrap geodes for jewelry/magic talismans.
24. Create an awesome hairstyle with basically no effort.
Get the look from refinery29.
- Robert L. Dear was identified as the suspected gunman in a fatal shooting at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs. ›
- World leaders will meet in Paris starting Monday to discuss a potential global climate change agreement. Here's what you need to know. ›
- Speaking of climate change, can you pass this basic quiz about it? ›