1. With a baseball.
Cut along the center with an Xacto and remove the hard, stringy inner core to make room for a ring box.
2. With Scrabble tiles.
Use a set you already have, or, if you want to preserve the memory forever, buy one here.
3. With adrenaline.
They won’t know until they look at the (unreasonably expensive) photo at the end of the ride.
4. With technology.
This QR code necklace, when scanned, reveals the message “Will you marry me?” Buy one here.
5. At the bottom of a warm beverage.
9. Legend of Zelda-style.
Heads-up, present and future lovers, this is the one for me.
12. Celebrate your shared love of food.
In German, no less! Plenty of restaurants seem amenable to this kind of thing, as long as you call ahead.
13. (No matter how high- or low-brow).
This guy had the pint specially made for his proposal.
OK, so, full disclosure: I personally feel that this is a fairly janky way to ask someone to spend the rest of their earthly days with you, but so many people responded to that post being all “WAIT WHAT I WOULD MARRY ANYONE WHO PROPOSED THAT WAY” that I would feel amiss in my duties if I didn’t suggest it here.
16. Ask outside in public.
You might be arrested for vandalism, but who could argue against vandalism this adorable?
This proposal has been spotted by dozens of Instagrammers on the Palmetto Expressway in Miami over the past couple of days (hopefully Yane said yes).
18. And in nature.
You might want to spell out “you” all the way, though.
This biologist proposed to his fellow-biologist girlfriend using DNA fragments.
We've got your WKND covered.
- Greece voted "no" on sweeping new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. Its future in the eurozone is uncertain, and its creditors are unimpressed.
- The U.S. defeated Japan 5-2 in Vancouver in the final match of the FIFA Women's World Cup. It was the highest scoring final in the history of the tournament ⚽️
- Captured New York prison escapee David Sweat has been released from hospital and is back in jail.