The Brimfield Antique & Collectible Show takes place over several weeks throughout the year in Brimfield, Mass.
There are shows in May, July, and September, and people travel from all over the country (some equipped with U-Hauls) to rummage through the festival’s 21 sprawling fields of vintage items.
“If you can’t find it here,” one vendor told us, “it doesn’t exist.”
He went on to say that once, a man tried to break a world record by covering the entire event on his bike, and that it still took eight hours to visit every single field. We couldn’t find confirmation but it’s entirely believable.
We attended the last Saturday of the July fair.
And while some vendors had already packed up to go home and the rain drove away some visitors, there were still plenty of knick-knacks to dig through.
There was vintage furniture, like you’d expect.
And some amazing work by craftspeople.
But Brimfield is also a treasure trove of weird. You can find…
1. A life-size model of Bruce Lee and also a horse.
Bruce Lee: $750
Everlasting (plaster) companionship: You do the math.
2. A missile.
V. good for clearing room when you want to haggle over a crate of Mason jars.
(we condone violence of no variety)
(even when it comes to bargaining)
Thanks for the advice, torso!!
7. Bits ‘n’ pieces.
Anybody need a hand?!?!
11. Alternative currencies.
Nothing says I love you like a steampunk baby-clock.
13. Unappetizing cookie jars.
14. Vaguely menacing craft outposts.
15. Totally adorable vintage outposts.
This camper belongs to sister duo RoseVintage. They spend their summers traveling around to vintage fairs selling their sweet flowy dresses and sunny textiles. According to Samantha Balk, the older of the two sisters, the business is named after their grandmother, Bonnie Rose, who “was awesome and smoked these long, skinny cigarettes.”
16. Marnie, the world’s best dog.
She is a delightful 10-year-old shih tzu who appreciates the power of a good barrette and her tongue doesn’t fully fit in her mouth.
Say no, Marnie!!
19. This hilarious one-of-a-kind-sign.
“Carol!” one woman yelled as she passed the sign. “Look! It came from the Adirondacks!”
“Yeah,” said Carol, without stopping. “Everyone in the Adirondacks is nuts.”
20. Oops j/k they were being sold in literally every field.
And for $125, of course. Don’t tell Carol.
21. A lonely unicycle.
22. A rocket.
23. An airplane.
Every form of transportation you could possibly desire.
24. A meet cute.
This is Wally. He is a perfect specimen of canine fluff.
27. Creepy doll ladies.
28. Even creepier doll babies.
Mommies love them!!
29. Like who even knows but damn, is it creepy.
31. Childhood memories.
Even though Pez tasted like medicine and chalk, it was still rad to collect as many dispensers as humanly possible.
32. Your own piece of London.
33. No-kill taxidermy.
Although those cold, dead eyes say otherwise.
34. Chairs that stare.
36. College pride.
Rendered, naturally, in sticks.
37. Cronuts* you don’t have to wait ~1,000,000 hours in line to buy.
38. New friends
Marnie encountered a pair of fellow shih tzus and a butt-sniffing parade was born.
42. A TERRIFYING GIANT FLIP-FLOP.
43. AMAZING GIANT MAC ‘N’ CHEESE.
Mac ‘n’ cheese is something that should always be giant, no exceptions.
44. More buoys than you’ve ever seen in your life.
This incredible folding panel, found at the booth of Brooklyn-based craftsman Totally Bruce, was decorated entirely with collectible pens and pencils.
50. A fussy clown.
51. A quasi-stoned clown.
Those fast-food celebrities, man. Don’t let him be a bad influence, Marnie.
52. Jewelry beyond your wildest dreams.
Rocking these until my earlobes shrivel off my head.
We've got your WKND covered.
- Greece will decide on Sunday whether they will accept austerity measures as a condition of a bailout that may stave off an imminent financial and economic crisis.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- It took a while, but an English national soccer team has finally defeated Germany in a major tournament. England took third place with a 1-0 win over the top-ranked German team in the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Chile defeated Argentina on penalties to win the Copa America tournament. It's the first ever trophy for Chile in the 99 years of the Copa ⚽️