1. Metallic tape art:
2. Pretty, easy herringbone:
Tutorial from The Beauty Department. Thanks, LC!
3. Yes, that’s a real feather:
Chloe’s nails has the full instructions.
4. You could also use snake skin:
Instead of doing all ten, as pictured, you might try just one. And you don’t have to skin any snakes — Fab Fatale recommends getting some skin a snake has already shed from a local pet store. Tutorial, with video, here.
5. Studded V-gap nail:
Will we ever run out of things to stud? Tutorial here.
6. Floral nail:
7. Another beautiful use of decals:
Next time you pick some up, get the same pattern in different colors.
10. Black on black:
This is where matte polish comes in handy. Full tutorial here.
11. Tribal print:
This was done freehand, but you could fake it with a decal.
12. A little bit retro, a little bit modern.
Teen Vogue has full instructions.
13. Some accent nails are fruity:
PINEAPPLES!!!! Tutorial at Polish You Pretty.
16. Tie-dyed nails:
Wear ironically if you must. At The Painted Pony Nails.
17. Mixed prints:
Get Ya Nails Did explains this mix-and-matched process.
18. Blue-and-white freehand print:
If you want your nails to look like china.
Another idea easily attainable with nail stickers. Sally Hansen has a great selection available at drug stores.
22. Lightly bedazzled:
Tutorial at the Polished Perfectionist.
24. Monochrome hearts and beads:
You could reverse this manicure as well.
25. Metallic and neon:
An unexpected color combo that’s easy to DIY.
26. Text makes a (pun intended) statement:
You can write with a Sharpie, or use newspaper strips for nails. Tutorial here.
You can also use regular newspaper. Tutorial (in French — use Google translate) here.
- Mullah Omar — leader of the Taliban — has died, according to multiple reports.
- Officials released new footage proving Sandra Bland was "alive and well" when her mugshot was taken. The release aims to counter social media rumors that she was deceased in the photo.
- The NFL has upheld Patriots quarterback Tom Brady's four-game suspension for his alleged involvement with the deflation of footballs 🏈