1. Metallic tape art:
2. Pretty, easy herringbone:
Tutorial from The Beauty Department. Thanks, LC!
3. Yes, that’s a real feather:
Chloe’s nails has the full instructions.
4. You could also use snake skin:
Instead of doing all ten, as pictured, you might try just one. And you don’t have to skin any snakes — Fab Fatale recommends getting some skin a snake has already shed from a local pet store. Tutorial, with video, here.
5. Studded V-gap nail:
Will we ever run out of things to stud? Tutorial here.
6. Floral nail:
7. Another beautiful use of decals:
Next time you pick some up, get the same pattern in different colors.
10. Black on black:
This is where matte polish comes in handy. Full tutorial here.
11. Tribal print:
This was done freehand, but you could fake it with a decal.
12. A little bit retro, a little bit modern.
Teen Vogue has full instructions.
13. Some accent nails are fruity:
PINEAPPLES!!!! Tutorial at Polish You Pretty.
16. Tie-dyed nails:
Wear ironically if you must. At The Painted Pony Nails.
17. Mixed prints:
Get Ya Nails Did explains this mix-and-matched process.
18. Blue-and-white freehand print:
If you want your nails to look like china.
Another idea easily attainable with nail stickers. Sally Hansen has a great selection available at drug stores.
22. Lightly bedazzled:
Tutorial at the Polished Perfectionist.
24. Monochrome hearts and beads:
You could reverse this manicure as well.
25. Metallic and neon:
An unexpected color combo that’s easy to DIY.
26. Text makes a (pun intended) statement:
You can write with a Sharpie, or use newspaper strips for nails. Tutorial here.
You can also use regular newspaper. Tutorial (in French — use Google translate) here.
- With head clerk Kim Davis jailed, Rowan County issued its first same-sex marriage license since the Supreme Court's June decision. ›
- After mounting pressure from other European countries, Britain will accept thousands more refugees from UN camps bordering Syria. ›
- A drowned Syrian boy, whose picture caused outrage around the world, has been buried together with his mother and 5-year-old brother. ›