1. Metallic tape art:
2. Pretty, easy herringbone:
Tutorial from The Beauty Department. Thanks, LC!
3. Yes, that’s a real feather:
Chloe’s nails has the full instructions.
4. You could also use snake skin:
Instead of doing all ten, as pictured, you might try just one. And you don’t have to skin any snakes — Fab Fatale recommends getting some skin a snake has already shed from a local pet store. Tutorial, with video, here.
5. Studded V-gap nail:
Will we ever run out of things to stud? Tutorial here.
6. Floral nail:
7. Another beautiful use of decals:
Next time you pick some up, get the same pattern in different colors.
10. Black on black:
This is where matte polish comes in handy. Full tutorial here.
11. Tribal print:
This was done freehand, but you could fake it with a decal.
12. A little bit retro, a little bit modern.
Teen Vogue has full instructions.
13. Some accent nails are fruity:
PINEAPPLES!!!! Tutorial at Polish You Pretty.
16. Tie-dyed nails:
Wear ironically if you must. At The Painted Pony Nails.
17. Mixed prints:
Get Ya Nails Did explains this mix-and-matched process.
18. Blue-and-white freehand print:
If you want your nails to look like china.
Full instructions at The Beauty Department.
Another idea easily attainable with nail stickers. Sally Hansen has a great selection available at drug stores.
22. Lightly bedazzled:
Tutorial at the Polished Perfectionist.
23. Heavily bedazzled:
Learn how to apply nail gems here.
24. Monochrome hearts and beads:
You could reverse this manicure as well.
25. Metallic and neon:
An unexpected color combo that’s easy to DIY.
26. Text makes a (pun intended) statement:
You can write with a Sharpie, or use newspaper strips for nails. Tutorial here.
You can also use regular newspaper. Tutorial (in French — use Google translate) here.
- Illinois' attorney general has asked the U.S. Department of Justice's Civil Rights Division to investigate Chicago's police department. ›
- It's World AIDS Day — 35 million people have died from AIDS-related conditions, and more than 34 million people are living with the disease. ›
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg says he'll give away 99% of his Facebook shares (worth $45 billion today) over the course of his life. ›