1. Learn to tie a bow-tie, so you can throw out your clip-on.
It looks as stunning with a flannel shirt as it does on a tuxedo.
2. Make your gloves touchscreen-sensitive.
All it takes is some conductive thread and you’ll be a DIY spy in no time.
3. Shave with a straight razor.
Don’t worry, your level of manliness isn’t actually dictated by whatever device you happen to shave with. But if you feel like having a major Bond grooming moment: straight razor shaving instructions are here.
4. Use a disposable razor to shave (and thereby save) a pilly piece of clothing.
Bond wouldn’t be caught dead with fuzzballs on his sweater. Also, this is a great way to use all those plastic razors you won’t need now that you have your straight one.
5. Sandpaper works, too.
Just make sure you sand in one direction.
7. Learn how to make a perfect martini.
We all know what line comes here. Just make it and decide if you’re a shaken or stirred kind of guy on your own.
8. Chill drinks in a hurry.
This won’t work for a martini, but would for a proper glass of whiskey (or Diet Pepsi). Just stick it in salty ice water.
9. Learn how to salsa.
It’s not really that hard and will impress everyone around you when you’re at balls and other fancy parties. And if you’re truly hopeless, just make a bunch of martinis and they’ll never remember.
11. Add an extra hole to a leather belt.
Because even 007 ate one too many plates of carbonara from time to time. Chris at Manmade DIY has three different methods that anyone can do.
13. Have a pleasant flight by preventing the person in front of you from reclining their seat.
Con: you’re an asshole. Pro: you’ll get your beauty sleep. Find out how here.
15. Polish your own shoes.
Never hang around one of those grungy airport shoeshine stations again. Here’s how.
16. Remove stains from all your clothes.
Because explosions and gunfire and leaping out of planes can sometimes leave a mark. This site has suggestions for every type of stain under the sun.
17. Sew a button back onto a jacket.
The toothpick keeps it from being too loose. Directions here.
18. A dab of clear nail polish will keep it from falling off again.
Even if you don’t have clear polish, you probably live with/know a woman who would be happy to lend it to you. (For added espionage, you could always steal it and replace it without her noticing.)
19. Make an earbud detangler.
So that you’ll never get tripped up while changing your theme music again. Find out how from Instructables.
20. Unhook a bra with one hand.
Bond girls are know for their heaving bosoms. (And even if you have absolutely zero interest in topless women, this is still a cool trick.)
21. Eliminate bacne.
Bacne is unequivocally the WORST VILLAIN OF ALL TIME. But you can overcome it! Find out how here.
We've got your WKND covered.
- BP has agreed to pay a $18.7 billion fine to settle legal actions over the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
- Boko Haram has killed 97 people at mosques in northeastern Nigeria, a government official told AP.
- Former Virginia Sen. Jim Webb, a Democrat with a military background, is running for president.
- Tidal is now the only place you can stream Prince's music. He's pulled his work from other services, like Spotify.