10. Big Earl – Starsky and Hutch
Big Earl’s minutes:magnificence ratio in Starsky & Hutch is truly impressive. A jailbird with a penchant for dragons and bellybuttons, he made every second on screen count. Good one Big Earl.
9. Chazz Reinhold – Wedding Crashers
Another cameo that went fairly close to stealing the show. Nunchuks + meatloaf + “Why Roger?” = dreamtime cinematic smile champion.
8. Chazz Michael Michaels – Blades of Glory
A great name, some wonderful spandex and quite possibly the finest inkwork to grace the silver screen. He’s right, it is provocative.
7. Ricky Bobby – Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby
This petrol-headed freak had it all, then lost it all, then had it all again. It was a heart-warming story that introduced the notion of a spider monkey as a threatening animal. For that, we’re thankful.
6. Frank Ricard
Unlucky in love and a real sweet guy deep down, but feed him some booze juice and he’ll unravel quicker than viper with a coat hanger up its back pipe.
5. Jacobim Mugatu
As the white-haired Mugatu, Ferrell is responsible for the greatest and most exciting explosion of dance ever committed to celluloid. This character’s position at number 5 on the list is a celebration of that.
4. Allen Gamble – The Other Guys
Honest chap. Dark past. Spectacular rims. Wonderful fish-based analogies. Only just missed out on top 3 because of a clerical error.
3. Ron Burgundy – Anchorman
Possibly controversially, Ron only comes in at number 3 on this poll. Sure he’s got salon quality hair and he’s the most famous name on the list, but he is up against some serious big hitters. Studies suggest that wherever you are in the world, you’re never further than 3ft from someone quoting Anchorman. And that’s got to be worth something. BB gun. Trident. Delight. Kicked. Scorpion. Look. The.
2. Buddy – Elf
A magical dreambaby of a character, Buddy is the world’s most caring and kind human. Lacking any inherently negative traits and untainted by the filthy harsh world, he just wants to make people happy. And, let’s face it, Christmas just isn’t Christmas any more without a steaming hot pie-load of Buddy’s wild-eyed silly face on your telebox. Champion snowballer, impressive belcher, exemplary tight wearer and a ruddy good guy.
1. Brennan Huff – Step Brothers
Sweet, sweet manchild. Brennan has his flaws that’s for sure, but through it all this curly-headed naughty word always had the best intentions at heart. Most importantly, he had a voice that could hit you harder than a double elbow strike from an angry and hostile Belgian martial artist, but in a good way. Brennan overcome his fears, united his family and did something we all want to do deep down: play a musical instrument with our exposed genitals. Brennan Huff, we salute you. Welcome to the winner’s enclosure.
(Honourable mentions: Steve Butabi, Jackie Moon, Mustafa.)
- Kids in California schools can no longer be opted out of vaccination on religious or personal grounds under a new law.
- New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, who has faced political fallout from the "Bridgegate" scandal, is running for president. He's the 14th Republican in the race.
- Misty Copeland has become the first black female principal dancer in American Ballet Theater's 75-year history.
- And Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck have decided to divorce after 10 years of marriage. ?