2. You mosey past cages of canines — big ones, small ones, puppies.
3. But then one particular pooch starts wagging his tail in your direction. He might stick his paw through an opening in the kennel, or offer your hand a soft lick.
4. Time stops for a moment, and then you realize: YOU’RE IN LOVE.
5. But you decide you need some time to really think about how having a dog would change your life. It’s a big deal!
6. Five minutes seems to be enough. You tell the volunteer you want to adopt, and she says you can pick up the little rascal tomorrow.
7. You go home and type up a list of everything you’ll need: leash, collar, water bowl, food, maybe a toy.
8. You can barely sleep you’re so excited to get your hands on the little guy.
9. You arrive at the shelter right when they open, and there he is — tongue panting, tail wagging — waiting for you.
10. You embrace, his paws wrap gleefully around your neck, and you depart the shelter as owner and dog.
11. You attempt to get him to sit in the passenger seat of the car, but he’s all over the place, clawing at the window, jumping on your lap and scavengering the floor for crumbs.
gifling.com / Via Tumblr