1. When Julia Stiles read the poem in 10 Things I Hate About You, the tears were completely unplanned.
It was also the first and only take.
2. The scene where Heath Ledger plays with fire? Totally improvised.
3. When submitting the script for American Pie to studios, screenwriter Adam Herz titled it, ‘Untitled Teenage Sex Comedy That Can Be Made For Under $10 Million That Most Readers Will Probably Hate But I Think You Will Love’.
4. The Jason Biggs erection scene was replicated by a sausage.
The crew cooked a sausage, stuck it on a pencil, and wrapped it in aluminum foil. It was still warm when it was placed between his legs.
6. While filming Clueless, Alicia Silverstone didn’t know how to correctly pronounce “Haitians” in the debate scene.
Director Amy Heckerling didn’t correct her because she liked it so much.
7. There were 53 different kinds of tartan/plaid used in the film.
8. In Patrick Swayze’s Ghost, the horrific sounds made by the “dark shadows” are really the sounds of babies, played at an extremely slow speed.
9. Sarah Jessica Parker was reportedly offered the role of Julianne Potter in My Best Friend’s Wedding.
She turned down the role since she was already committed to a little HBO show called Sex and the City.
10. In Never Been Kissed, David Arquette plays Rob Geller. His then wife, Courteney Cox, played Monica Geller on Friends.
11. Never Been Kissed was also James Franco’s feature debut.
12. Before starring together in One Fine Day, George Clooney had met Michelle Pfeiffer years before, because he dated her sister Dedee in the early ’80s.
13. The necklace that Vivian wears to the opera in Pretty Woman really cost $250,000.
A security man from the jewelry store equipped with a gun stood behind the director while filming scenes with the necklace.
14. During the sex scene, Julia Roberts got so nervous a visible vein popped out of her forehead.
Director Garry Marshall got into bed next to Julia and Richard Gere. Marshall and Gere massaged her forehead until the vein disappeared.
15. M. Night Shyamalan claims to have ghostwritten the script for She’s All That.
16. Cameron Diaz told Jay Leno she was the body inside the bag carried by the hitchhiker in There’s Something About Mary.
17. In the original screenplay for While You Were Sleeping, the story was about a woman in a coma and a man pretending to be her fiancé.
Studio executives thought it was too predatory, so they reversed the roles.
18. Madonna and Marisa Tomei reportedly turned down the role of Yvonne Biasi in It Could Happen To You.
19. Elijah Wood was supposedly considered to star opposite Melissa Joan Hart in Drive Me Crazy, but he looked too young.
20. Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan starred in three ’90s rom-coms together.
Joe Versus the Volcano, Sleepless in Seattle, and You’ve Got Mail.
All facts come from IMDB.
- Greece's finance minister has resigned following an overwhelming "no" vote on new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. The country's future in the eurozone is uncertain.
- The South Carolina Senate is debating a bill calling for the removal of the Confederate battle flag from statehouse grounds.
- More than 1 million people are expected to attend Pope Francis' mass in Ecuador on Monday.