1. Brompton Road, a disused Piccadilly line station, served as secret command centre during WW2.
2. The bunker is believed to have been where Rudolf Hess - Hitler’s deputy - was interrogated after being captured in Scotland in 1941.
3. The bunker still contains a bed and bath thought to have been used by Churchill.
4. There is an officers’ mess, drill hall, garage and offices above the station, which is owned by the Ministry of Defence.
These are currently occupied by the London University Air Squadron. London University Royal Naval Unit and 46F Squadron Air Training Corps.
- Turkey hopes to ease tensions with Russia after it shot down a Russian warplane earlier this week. The countries have differing accounts of the incident. ›
- France and Russia have agreed to coordinate their airstrikes with the U.S. against ISIS. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›