1. Doing laundry for two is the absolute worst.
3. We don’t spend all night snuggled up spooning.
Because *one* of us prefers to sleep like a starfish, while the other takes all the duvet.
6. And have reminded each other to shower.
7. This is how most of our conversations go.
8. We definitely can’t remember our actual anniversary.
9. Everything in our apartment has a nickname, and an elaborate origin story.
“Could you hand me a towel?” “Oh, only Big Blue is here.” “That’ll do.”
10. Even we don’t know the backstory to some of our inside jokes.
11. Alone time is almost as important as couple time.
12. We seldomly wear trousers at home. But not in a sexy way.
More in an “I don’t need to impress you, let me eat my dinner off my lap with the fan on” way.
13. There are far fewer PDAs.
Because, hey, we both know where this is going.
14. And at this stage, there is zero pillow talk.
15. We still get panicky when friends and relatives suggest we should “settle down”.
“I’m still young! I’m committed! See!”
16. It’s hard to open up to each other sometimes.
Just because we’ve been together a long time doesn’t mean we still don’t feel vulnerable at times.
17. We get a little bit jealous about each other’s exception lists.
18. It has been a long time since we sent a text message like this.
- At least one person – a police officer – died in a shooting at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs. The suspect is in police custody. ›
- At least 15 people were killed after a suicide bomber attacked a Shiite Muslim procession of hundreds of people in Nigeria. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›