3. King Charles II may have restored the monarchy, but he wasn’t English.
4. But who cares? He brought back Christmas, after Cromwell had banned it.
5. Georgian fire brigades were privately owned, and you’d better be insured.
17. And thanks to poor planning, the Light Brigade were doomed from the start.
19. Most importantly: all the Kings and Queens can be summarized in song.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Britain marks 10 years since 52 people were killed in terrorist attacks in London.
- Authorities reportedly raided the Indiana home of Jared Fogle, the face of many Subway sandwich advertisements.
- European leaders are holding an emergency summit today to discuss Greece's debt crisis.