2. Mary Tudor’s ‘Bloody Mary’ nickname was well deserved.
3. King Charles II may have restored the monarchy, but he wasn’t English.
4. But who cares? He brought back Christmas, after Cromwell had banned it.
5. Georgian fire brigades were privately owned, and you’d better be insured.
7. The pilgrims on the Mayflower didn’t really wear those hats.
16. These inventions didn’t help the Victorian poor though.
17. And thanks to poor planning, the Light Brigade were doomed from the start.
19. Most importantly: all the Kings and Queens can be summarized in song.
- Chicago police chief Garry McCarthy has resigned after backlash from the police shooting death of Laquan McDonald. ›
- It's World AIDS Day — 35 million people have died from AIDS-related conditions, and more than 34 million people are living with the disease. ›
- Cyber Monday 2015 could be the biggest online sales day in history, according to data from Adobe. Shoppers are on track to spend nearly $3 billion 💳📲