3. King Charles II may have restored the monarchy, but he wasn’t English.
4. But who cares? He brought back Christmas, after Cromwell had banned it.
5. Georgian fire brigades were privately owned, and you’d better be insured.
17. And thanks to poor planning, the Light Brigade were doomed from the start.
19. Most importantly: all the Kings and Queens can be summarized in song.
Ailbhe Malone is the UK lifestyle editor for BuzzFeed and is based in London.
In The News Today
- At least 86 people were killed in twin bomb blasts during a peace rally near the main train station in Turkey's capital. ›
- Activists are celebrating the 20th anniversary of the Million Man March at the National Mall in Washington, D.C. ›
- Elections on Sunday are widely expected to hand Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko a fifth term since 1994. ›