3. King Charles II may have restored the monarchy, but he wasn’t English.
4. But who cares? He brought back Christmas, after Cromwell had banned it.
5. Georgian fire brigades were privately owned, and you’d better be insured.
17. And thanks to poor planning, the Light Brigade were doomed from the start.
19. Most importantly: all the Kings and Queens can be summarized in song.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Greece has a new finance minister after Yanis Varoufakis resigned on Monday following the country's "no" vote on austerity measures tied to further bailout funds.
- The South Carolina Senate is debating a bill calling for the removal of the Confederate battle flag from statehouse grounds.
- More than 1 million people are expected to attend Pope Francis' mass in Ecuador on Monday.