2. They have a burger that is so spicy you have to sign a disclaimer.
The dish has a chilli sauce on it measuring a 9.2million on the Scoville scale. For comparison, an average chilli pepper measures 500 Scoville units.
3. It’s available for Over 18s only.
4. The burger costs £3.99.
And as of March 2014, only 59 people have finished it.
5. And it’s so spicy, that it put two journalists in hospital after taking one bite each.
Assistant news editor Arron Hendy, and trainee reporter Ruari Barratt were taken by ambulance to the Royal Sussex County Hospital, reports The Argus.
Trainee reporter Ruari Barratt said: “It was hard to walk. I needed to drink milk to neutralise the burning, which was hard because I was hyperventilating so much my hands had seized up.” His colleague Arron Hendy added :”I was in so much pain I was telling people I felt like I was dying. It’s embarrassing but it felt that bad.If you’re thinking of trying this burger for a dare, just don’t.”
- Doctors Without Borders is demanding an independent fact-finding mission into the deadly U.S. bombing on its Afghan hospital. ›
- The European Union is now using naval vessels in the Mediterranean to intercept boats that are smuggling refugees and migrants to Europe. ›
- Tomas Lindahl, Paul Modrich, and Aziz Sancar have won the Nobel Prize in chemistry for figuring out how cells repair DNA. ›