1. Omlet, a design company based in Oxfordshire have created a hi-vis jacket for chickens, using NASA-developed material.
The Chicken Jacket contains “Flectalon NASA approved insulating material”, and is suitable for hand-washing.
2. The jackets have been met with positive reviews from chicken owners.
“They keep them protected from weather, visible to vehicles and I have found that they deter predators also. They also look absolutely adorable!”
“Henrietta took to hers immediately but Ginger walked around like John Clees for a while and kept trying to take it off. Too be fair, Henrietta’s fitted her better while Gingers kept lifting up at the back and she kept walking backwards. Will persevere.”
- At least three people have died in South Carolina due to severe rainfall. More than 11 inches of rain fell on the city in 48 hours. ›
- President Obama says the U.S. has launched a full investigation into the airstrikes that killed 22 people at a hospital in Afghanistan on Saturday. ›
- The World Bank announced that for the first time it is forecasting the rate of extreme global poverty to drop below 10% in 2015 . ›