1. Not being happy until you’ve transposed London boroughs onto NY boroughs and hating yourself for it.
“So, like Chelsea is basically still Chelsea?”
2. The sliding scale of manners from pavement to storefront.
On the street, everyone is suitably rude. But once inside, it’s like Downton Abbey.
3. Tipping. Oh God tipping.
Is this enough? Is this too little? Do you want my watch too?
7. Coffee being the same but different.
Wait, Starbucks guy, why are you taking my order when I get in the door? What is half and half? And why don’t you sell flat whites?
8. The grid system that makes it feel like you’re in a human version of Snake.
10. Spotting actual celebs — not just TOWIE cast members and the Primrose Hill set.
11. Shake Shack ennui.
Meh — we’ve got that too.You’re still going to eat there though.
12. ‘Suggested donation’ aka the most passive-aggressive phrase known to man.
Look, is the museum free or not?
13. People reacting weirdly when you announce that you want to get pissed.
14. People discussing their policy about going South at the weekend.
It’s just not the same as the London one.
16. The indurability of the Metrocard.
It’s so flimsy. And what’s with this swiping business?
- [A Harris County, Texas, sheriff's deputy was ambushed Friday night when a man walked up and repeatedly shot him from behind. ›] (http://www.buzzfeed.com/jimdalrympleii/sheriffs-deputy-shot-dead-in-ambush-at-texas-gas-station)
- [Dominica Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit said that Tropical Storm Erika killed 20 people there, and set the island back 20 years from the damage. ›] (http://www.buzzfeed.com/stephaniemcneal/at-least-5-people-are-missing-after-tropical-storm-erika-thr)
- [Police are investigating the death of Jamycheal Mitchell, who was arrested months ago in Virginia for allegedly stealing about $5 worth of groceries. He was found dead in his jail cell last week. ›] (http://www.buzzfeed.com/jimdalrympleii/black-man-held-for-months-for-stealing-5-worth-of-snacks-fou)