1. Sinéad O’Connor has responded to Miley Cyrus’ digs about her mental health.
After the Irish singer wrote an open letter to Cyrus over her recent sexualised performances, she responded by posting a series of O’Connor’s tweets from two years ago. Cyrus likened O’Connor’s plight to that of Amanda Bynes.
In January 2011, O’Connor suffered a very public breakdown which she shared via Twitter. The singer wrote: “Does anyone know a psychiatrist in Dublin or Wicklow who would urgently see me today please?”
Her tweets sparked further concern for her welfare: “I don’t want to leave my kids. Or fuck up my work. I’m sorry for worrying anyone. It’s just I’m sick and Ireland is shit for finding help. Can’t think of any other way.”
3. In response to Cyrus, O’Connor wrote on her Facebook page:
4. Miley responded.
Miley Ray Cyrus
Sinead. I don’t have time to write you an open letter cause Im hosting & performing on SNL this week.
Miley Ray Cyrus
So if youd like to meet up and talk lemme know in your next letter. :)
6. O’Connor then posted another open letter on her Facebook page.
“I have no interest in or desire to cause you trouble but if you do not apologise for having deliberately tried to cause me hurt and trouble personally and professionally I will have to bring pressure upon you.
When you end up in the psych ward or rehab I’ll be happy to visit you.. and would not lower myself to mock you.
Be a proper woman and make the public apologies I have listed above. Your hosting SNL is a bullshit reason for not taking five minutes to do the right thing and your behaviour yesterday will rebound upon you very badly.
You have no business abusing Amanda Bynes or anyone else. How do you think you made her feel yesterday? How do you feel when your friend Britney Spears is mocked and humiliated for having had mental health problems? I know I personally want to bash those who treat her that way. If she is your friend and more importantly if you are a true friend to her.. you ought apologise for joining those who mock and humiliate women who have been too nice frankly, to manage the music business without sensibly losing their minds.”
7. O’Connor famously tore up a photo of the pope while performing “War” on SNL in 1992. Miley will host the show on Saturday.
- Senate Democrats have secured enough votes to uphold the Iran nuclear deal when Congress votes on it later this month. ›
- The Baltimore Circuit Court will host the first hearing in the homicide case of Freddie Gray on Wednesday. ›
- Hundreds of Eurostar passengers moving between Britain and France were stranded for hours as people were seen on the tracks attempting to get through the tunnel. ›