Notice how no one mentioned that that kid Nicholas couldn't hit the falsetto notes. Thats why X Factor blows.
Ok, so what is jukebox week?
It means each act will sing two songs. One picked by them, and one picked by the “X Factor Jukebox” by the British public.
And Nicole’s had a haircut.
1. Nicholas opened the show with “Just The Way You Are” by Bruno Mars.
It was OK, but the high notes alluded him. He later claimed he was unhappy with the song choices.
2. Tamera worked with a hypnotherapist to help her remember her lyrics to “We Found Love” by Rihanna. But she probably wishes she could forget this outfit.
Louis loved it. Nobody else did.
3. Nicole did a nuanced Louis impression.
4. Sam hammed it up with “How Will I Know” by Whitney Houston, incorporating some classic dance moves.
Nicole thought the whole thing was a bit ‘cruise ship’, and she was probably right, but it was great to see Sam bopping about rather than ballad-ing.
5. Rough Copy performed a jumbled up medley of R.Kelly and Bobby Brown.
It was a bit awkward.
Sharon reacted typically.
Interestingly, their stylist tweeted that they often perform in River Island womenswear.
6. Luke had a win for Real Music with an adept version of Bon Iver’s “Skinny Love”.
And Louis spoke for us all by admitting that he hated hearing “Skinny Love” at X Factor auditions in the past.
But he lost his indie cred by admitting that he’d never been to Glastonbury.
Although there were still pitching issues.
8. Tamera elegantly performed Roberta Flack’s “The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face”.
Aka, did a Leona.