1. There is now an official IRN-BRU ice-cream.
It is described as having “a thick IRN-BRU shell, creamy IRN-BRU Ice Cream, and a phenomenal IRN-BRU ripple”.
2. Though there have been other IRN-BRU ice-creams, this is the first official one.
3. The ice-cream was unveiled via a slightly long-winded stunt.
4. A large block of ice appeared in Glasgow’s George’s Square, containing the ice-cream. Fans, including this dog, tried to melt it.
5. Eventually, once the ice-cream had been freed, 100 extra were dished out to the crowd.
- The family of Sandra Bland, who died in a Texas jail cell in July three days after she was detained during a traffic stop, filed a wrongful death lawsuit in federal court.
- Migrant deaths in the Mediterranean have exceeded 2,000, making 2015 the deadliest year for people trying to reach Europe, according to the International Organization for Migration.
- At least 24 homes have been lost and one firefighter killed as dozens of wildfires continue to ravage drought-stricken California.