1. Irn Bru everywhere. On draught. In McDonald’s. In the corner shop. Bru!
8. We created a sausage that fits into a sandwich perfectly.
13. And we know exactly how to keep a feud going. No rivalry runs deeper than that of the Old Firm.
14. Hogmanay. The biggest New Year’s celebration in the world. So big that Scotland has two bank holidays following it, not just one.
27. No need to thank us for West Highland Terriers. You’re welcome.
28. Olympics? Nailed it.
29. Oh go on then.
36. Our zoo has a daily penguin parade.
40. But most of all, we know when it’s time to go home, home.
Ailbhe Malone is the UK lifestyle editor for BuzzFeed and is based in London.
Journalist, lecturer and erstwhile stay-at-home dad.
In The News Today
- The main suspect in last month's bombing of Bangkok's Erawan shrine has been arrested, Thailand's prime minister says. ›
- Hundreds of people have arrived by train to Austria from Hungary on Monday, as European Union asylum rules collapsed under the escalating migration crisis. ›
- A video released on Monday shows two Texas deputies fatally shooting a man with his hands up. A witness sold the footage to a local TV station for $100. ›