1. Helen’s Tower, Northern Ireland
Channel Rapunzel in this scenic tower. Make a booking here.
2. Notre-Dame-de-Sanilhac, France
Thirty-two acres of bliss. Make a booking here.
3. Castello Aragonese, Italy
What could be more perfect than a castle on an island? Make a reservation here.
4. Chateau Plombis, France
This 19th-century castle has a swimming pool *and* a tennis court. Make a booking here.
5. Dairsie Castle, Fife
Medieval and marvellous. Make a booking here.
Absolutely spectacular. Make a booking here.
7. Augill Castle, Cumbria
Located between the Lake District and the Yorkshire Dales, this castle makes for the perfect bolthole. Make a reservation here.
Serious Game of Thrones vibes in this 15th-century Irish castle. Make a booking here.
9. Swinton Park, Yorkshire
Relax in the Yorkshire Dales. Make a booking here.
10. Carr Hall Castle, Yorkshire
Perfect for a quiet getaway. Make a reservation here. There are plenty to choose from – HomeAway has 711 castles on its site.
11. Château de Barnay, France
Fairytale fantastic. Make a booking here.
13. Château des Bordes, France
This beauty dates back to the 14th century. Make a booking here.
Whimsical and wonderful. Make a booking here.
15. Dunrobin Castle, Sutherland
This castle would be perfect for a wedding. Make a booking here.
This hilltown residence is straight out of Narnia. Make a booking here.
17. South Stainmore, Kirkby
Explore the Lake District from this spectacular base. Make a booking here.
This 14th-century castle will make you feel like royalty. Make a booking here.
19. Glenapp Castle, Scotland
Channel all your Downton dreams. Make a booking here.
- A Guatemalan judge ordered former President Otto Perez Molina held in jail overnight while hearings over the corruption scandal that led to his resignation take place. ›
- Britain is set to increase the number of refugees being let into the country. The extra people aren't in Europe already, they will likely come from UN camps bordering Syria. ›
- The Justice Dept. has tightened rules on cell phone tracking, forcing federal agencies to get a warrant. ›