1. This is a Poitou donkey. They can grow to 8ft tall and have a wonderfully shaggy coat.
2. But they’re endangered. There are fewer than 1,000 in existence.
3. Luckily there’s a sanctuary in the New Forest for these gentle giants.
4. Retired vet Annie Pollock has been breeding the animals on her farm for the past nine years.
5. The donkeys are continually groomed to keep their coats furry and comfy.
6. Pollock says: “I love their temperament. They’re so funny and friendly, and they teach you patience.”
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- World leaders will meet in Paris starting Monday to discuss a potential global climate change agreement. ›
- "Victor Frankenstein" joined the ranks of 2015 films that opened in more than 2,000 North American theaters, but earned less than $4 million on opening weekend. ›