1. This is a Poitou donkey. They can grow to 8ft tall and have a wonderfully shaggy coat.
2. But they’re endangered. There are fewer than 1,000 in existence.
3. Luckily there’s a sanctuary in the New Forest for these gentle giants.
4. Retired vet Annie Pollock has been breeding the animals on her farm for the past nine years.
5. The donkeys are continually groomed to keep their coats furry and comfy.
6. Pollock says: “I love their temperament. They’re so funny and friendly, and they teach you patience.”
- Robert L. Dear was identified as the suspected gunman in a fatal shooting at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs. ›
- World leaders will meet in Paris starting Monday to discuss a potential global climate change agreement. Here's what you need to know. ›
- Speaking of climate change, can you pass this basic quiz about it? ›